Youth Baseball of Bartholomew County
2020 Season Information
- Begins- November 15, 2019
- Ends- March 7, 2020
- Registration can be done:
- Online- ybbcbaseball.org
- In-Person- Ceraland: 3989 S 525 E Columbus, IN 47203
- Over the Phone- Ceraland: (812) 377- 5849
- 4/5 – $60 (T-Ball)
- 5/6 – $65 (Coach Pitch)
- 7/8 – $75 (Coach Pitch)
- 9/10 – $85 (Player Pitch)
- 11/12 – $85 (Player Pitch)
- 13/14 – $100 (Player Pitch)
- Scholarships are available for players. You can find the form on the ybbcbaseball.org sign-up page. Please fill out the form by clicking on the link. You will be contacted shortly after filling out the form with more information. For more information prior to completing the form please contact Ceraland at (812) 377-5849.
- A player’s age on April 30, 2020 determines which age group they can play for.
- Evaluations are for ALL players in the 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, and 13/14 age groups.
- Evaluations will be held at the Ceraland gym on March 7, 2020
- Evaluations times are as follows:
- 7/8- 8 AM- 9:30 AM
- 9/10- 9:30 AM -11 AM
- 11/12- 11AM- 12PM
- 13/14- 11 AM- 12PM
- Once a player is evaluated, they are free to leave. They do not need to stay the entire duration of their age group.
- Each player will be evaluated on hitting, throwing, and fielding. 9/10 and above age groups will also be evaluated on pitching.
- Please bring a bat, glove, and helmet with you to evaluations.
- NO cleats
- The draft will be the week following evaluations.
- 7/8 Division Draft – March 10th 6PM-8pm in the trap and skeet building at Ceraland (Coaches and board members only)
- 9/10 Division Draft – March 11th 5:30 PM – 7PM in the trap and skeet building at Ceraland (Coaches and board members only)
- 11/12 & 13/14 Division Draft – March 11th 7:30PM – 9PM in the trap and skeet building at Cerland (Coaches and Board members only)
- The draft is only for 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, and 13/14 age groups.
- YBBC tries to keep team sizes under twelve players. However, this is dependent on our final number of players and coaches for the season.
- Rules of the Draft:
- The draft will conduct snake style and draft order is chosen by drawing numbers.
- Coaches are guaranteed their child and ONE assistant coach’s child on their team.
- Wherever the coach’s child and the assistant coach’s child evaluate is the pick for that coach in that round.
- In the event that both the coach’s child and the assistant coach’s child evaluate to be drafted in the first round, the third-round pick for that coach will be moved to the fifth round where they will get two fifth-round picks.
- Special requests are not guaranteed. The request is known at the draft but it is ultimately determined by evaluations and round picks.
- Once the draft is complete, it is the responsibility of the coach to contact each player on their team. We ask that the coaches make contact with each team member within one week of the draft.
- ALL practices are scheduled by the coaches.
- Practices are at the coach’s discretion (Time, Days of the Week, Etc.)
- YBBC asks that each coach holds at least one practice per week.
- Coaches are allowed to start practicing OUTSIDE OF CERALAND on March 23, 2020.
- Practices AT Cerland begin on March 30, 2020.
- Team uniforms are paid for by a team sponsor.
- It is the coach’s responsibility to find a sponsor for their team. YBBC will assist coaches who are unable to find a sponsor.
- If you or someone you know wants to be a sponsor for a team, please let your team’s coach know as soon as possible or contact the Player Agent for YBBC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The average cost for sponsorship is $500.
- YBBC will be doing punch cards for the 2020 fundraiser.
- Punch cards cost $10 apiece.
- 100% of the money raised goes towards YBBC.
- All new catcher’s gear was purchased with last year’s earnings.
- Punch card order forms will be given to coaches at the draft. Coaches should hand order forms out as soon as possible.
- Punch card order forms will be due back to your team’s coach during Opening Week.
- Opening week will be the week of April 20-23, 2020.
- Every team will play at least one game during opening week, weather permitting.
- Team pictures will be taken during opening week prior to your game.
- Coaches will have more information regarding pictures.
- ALL REGULAR GAMES AND TOURNAMENT GAMES are played by USSSA Baseball rules that have been modified to fit our rec league format.
- The official rule book is posted on ybbcbaseball.org, as well as all coaches have a copy.
- There will be 10 games for each team during the regular season.
- Games will be as follows:
- Mondays and Wednesdays- 7/8, 11/12, 13/14
- Tuesdays and Thursdays- 4/5, 5/6, 9/10
- The official schedule will be available a few weeks prior to Opening Week.
- Ceraland makes the official call on rainouts, rain delays, or any weather-related delays or cancelations.
- YBBC will notify coaches and players as soon as they get the official word from Cerland about delays and/or cancelations.
- YBBC does its best to reschedule canceled games as quickly as possible.
- Ceraland’s new turf fields should help reduce the number of game cancelations.
- Tournament games are only for 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, 13/14 age groups.
- Tournament games will start the week after regular-season games are finished. Game cancelations can affect the start and schedule of tournament games. YBBC does its best to keep all games on schedule.
- The tournament is a double-elimination tournament.
- Tournament seeding is determined by the team’s regular-season record.
Call Up Players:
- A call-up player may ONLY be used in the event a team does not have enough players to field a full defense.
- Call up players must bat last in the lineup.
- Coaches are encouraged to rotate call up players when necessary.
- During the course of the season, a list of call up players and their information will be developed and shared among coaches.
- All players are expected to supply their own cleats (NO metal cleats), bat, glove, and helmet.
- Bat requirements are outlined in the USSSA rule book.
- YBBC allows USA and/or USSSA stamped bats.
- 4/5 and 5/6 age groups cannot have a bat with a barrel larger than
- 7/8 and higher age groups may use 2 ¾” big barrel bats.
- Contact the Player Agent at email@example.com with any questions about bat requirements.
- YBBC will not have postseason All-Star teams. In lieu of the All-Star program, YBBC has created the Diesel Baseball Program.
- Diesel players are required to play in the YBBC Rec League.
- Diesel will compete in 6 travel tournaments.
- Tryouts for the 2021 Diesel teams will be held in August 2020.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- President: Chris Weatherford- email@example.com
- Player Agent: Justin Stott- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coaches Agent: Chris Nordyke
- Treasurer: Alvin Lecher
- Secretary: Megan Thompson
- Equipment Managers: Jason Knoke and Matt Stoner
- Members at Large: Chris Baker, Devin Anliker, JR Huff
- Fundraising Coordinators: Delana Knoke and Brittany Stott